Bat Concrete Construction - New Driveway Looks 10 Years Old

1.4

We hired BAT to put in a new drive in July of 2013. Within 6 months of installation it began to flake, crack, popout and fracture.

After a great deal of back and forth (and threat of potential legal action) the owner finally agreed to replace the driveway in early 2015 but now refuses to return any calls, emails or text messages. I would be happy at this point to just get my $5,100 back and find another contractor. From the BBB reviews/complaints and over rating on Facebook it's clear we're not his only dissatisfied customer.

Bernie (the owner) seems like a nice guy but I wish her were more responsive and trustworthy. In good conscience I could never recommend to him to anyone as I can't be sure the work will be satisfactory or that he'll respond if there's an issue.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Quality of the work or service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 30, 2015.

Bat Concrete Construction - Concrete contractor this is one of those nightmare contractors you see on the news

1.5

We hired this company over 2 years ago to do some concrete work on our porch and also to put a seal coat on our driveway. This is a small company (basically a guy working out of his house),and we just didn't do our homework on him before we hired him which we regret now of course.

Bottom line he applied the sealer when the driveway was still wet and it flaked off and now looks terrible. Everyone makes mistakes we understood, but now after 2 years of going round and round he still refuses to fix his own mistake up even after promising to do so multiple times and us paying $380 out of pocket for him to apply new sealer.Lesson learned cheaper isn't always better !

Do your homework, this guy says he has been in business 20 years, he should have a decent amount of good reviews yet he has very few, most are negative.Most people in the Midwest are very tolerant of things and let things go instead of complaining that's probably why he doesn't have more negative reviews, so be careful. This the worst contractor we have had in over 25 years.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 18, 2015.

Comments

We have had the exact same issue to the point we are now filing a lawsuit against him for defective workmanship. I wouldn't recommend BAT to my worst enemy.

Jpcp131364

A sealant will not work on concrete that was not formulated properly since it becomes dusty.